The Revolabs 10-FLX2- 200-VOIP Wireless VoIP is one of the more popular wireless conference phones, but is it the one you need? The FLX 2 is a high end conference phone, so one would expect a solid feature set and dependable performance. Does the FLX 2 give you that?
There are a lot of conference phones available, so it’s only natural to ask if there is anything on the FLX 2 that sets it apart from the others. In this review we’re going to take a close look at the FLX 2, its features, performance and who this conference phone is really for.
- The FLX 2 is built with the latest technology to provide clear audio regardless where you are in the room. Some conference phones work only when they’re positioned in certain spots, but the FLX 2 gives you the flexibility to set the unit anywhere you want.
- The FLX 2 is built with versatility in mind. Aside from offices, the FLX 2 is designed to work in conference rooms, SoHo and other locations. A lot of other conference phones work only for specific environments. With the FLX 2, it’s easy to set up and use in different ways.
- It is equipped with Revolabs technology, ensuring the unit is optimized for the best performance. A lot of things can go wrong with a conference phone, such as poor audio, signal interference and so on. Revolabs is fully aware of that, and the FLX 2 is built to deal with those issues.
- The unit comes with a couple of microphones in VoIP phone interface. These are not ordinary microphones, as they have been designed to provide the best results possible.
- The FLX 2 has full Bluetooth capabilities, and it is compatible with mobile devices.
- The FLX 2 provides you with clear audio using Revolabs’ proprietary technology.
- The wireless microphones on the FLX 2 have been designed so your calls won’t be interrupted by GSM noise. These microphones are also invulnerable to other mobile devices.
- The FLX 2 puts a lot of emphasis on security. Unlike other systems that just use low level encryption technology, the FLX 2 relies on 128 bit encryption. What this means is no one will be able to listen to the signal as it is being transmitted between the base station and the microphone.
- The FLX 2 offers 8 hours of talk time when fully charged. Charging doesn’t take too long, so that’s another advantage the FLX 2 has to offer. The features on the FLX 2 conference phone shows that it is meant for professional, heavy duty use. As we’ll see in the following section, the FLX 2 doesn’t disappoint either.
The FLX 2 has clear audio, and for many that’s really the only thing that matters. You can change the arrangement of the speaker and the microphone, but the sound quality is always good. If you have used other conference phones, you will notice the difference in terms of clarity.
You can use the FLX 2 for private calls via the handset. Even on extended calls, the audio quality doesn’t change. Another benefit of the FLX 2 is you get full support for both video and audio conferencing. This might not seem like a big deal, but this helps cut down the number of equipment used for conferencing. The less of these used, the more cost effective operation becomes.
The FLX 2 works fine as is, but you can expand its functionality by using other FLX microphones. Keep in mind though that you can only utilize two of these simultaneously.
As a wireless Bluetooth and IP conference phone, the FLX 2 is more than capable of delivering top notch performance without any compromise in the ease of use department. Another important feature on the FLX 2 is the microphones we had mentioned earlier. The two microphones on the FLX 2 are omnidirectional tabletop, i.e. they are capable of 360 degree pickups. This allows the FLX 2 to capture speeches around and above the microphone.
True to the claim, the FLX 2 does not get hampered by GSM noise that other mobile devices are emitting. As far as security is concerned, the 128 bit encryption means your conversation is private.
For a lot of people and companies, privacy is a huge issue, so its encryption is one of the most important features the FLX 2 has to offer.
Who is the Revolabs 10-FLX2- 200 For?
The FLX 2 is for those who need a conference phone in small or medium offices or conference rooms. The unique design of the FLX 2 gives it better flexibility than other conference phones. This is also what you’ll need if you use conference phones with PCs. With other units, connecting the two can be difficult, but the ports on the FLX 2 make it easy.
The FLX 2 is the best option for those who are looking for superior functionality not found in regular conference phones. We also have to point out Revolabs customer support is pretty good and has received good feedback from customers. While emphasis is on performance, the FLX 2 has a beautiful design that complements the modern look.
Bottom line: if you need a good conference phone, the FLX 2 is going to live up to your expectations. Its versatility will also appeal to a lot of users.
- Easy to use
- Audio is clear
- Built for long term use
- Good customer support
- You have to remove the speaker off the base before dialing
- Cannot use Wi-Fi to connect to an IP network
The Revolabs 10-FLX2- 200-VOIP Wireless VoIP is an outstanding conference phone. There are a lot of these sold online, but few are able to match the FLX 2 when it comes to performance, quality and dependability. At this point you’re probably wondering if it’s worth getting a high end conference phone, and we can say the answer is yes. With the FLX 2 you’re assured of getting a quality conference phone that will last a long time.